Friday, May 11, 2012

President Barack Obama Now In Support Of Same Sex Marriage



On May 9, 2012, President Obama came out and said that he is in support of same sex marriage. Back in 1996 when he was running for Governor of Illinois he checked a box that said “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.” When the President was elected, the same question was asked again it was the complete opposite, he said “marriage is between a man and a woman that was in 2004. In 2010 he said “my feeling are constantly evolving, I struggle with this”. In 2011 he was still struggling with it. I say it is about time that there is a President that came out in support of same-sex marriage. Remember he did check that box in 1996, he probably thought it was right back then. I think it is brave of President Obama, because homosexual should have the same rights as “the man and woman union”. I know in every family in this nation there is a family member or someone who knows a homosexual. I say yes, why not give them the right to marry they contribute to this society just like the heterosexuals do. They raise children, pay their taxes and are in the military. What is the big deal? Who knows if this will hurt Presidents Obama’s reelection? I just want say, he has the strength and poise of a great leader to change his mind and let the people know about it. No matter what happens with the reelection I am proud to call him President.

LM


No comments:

Post a Comment