Monday, June 9, 2014



I was first introduced to Dr. Maya Angelou’s writings when I was 9 years old. The book was “I Know Why the Cage Bird Sings”. That book was the defining moment for me. That is when I truly fell in love with reading. I introduced my nieces to her writings and they are in love with reading as well. I have read all her books, Gather Together in My Name, Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas, The Heart of a Woman, All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes, A Song Flung Up to Heaven, and Mom & Me & Mom. Dr. Maya Angelou sure could tell a story, I loved her writing. Dr. Maya Angelou was a true Phenomenal Woman. She was a renaissance woman who spanned the decades and was renowned as one of the most influential voices of our time. Dr. Maya Angelou is a celebrated poet, memoirist, novelist, educator, dramatist, producer, actress, historian, filmmaker, and civil rights activist. One of my favorite quotes from Dr. Maya Angelou is “You Alone Are Enough, You Have Nothing To Prove To Anybody”. My favorite poem is Phenomenal Woman. Dr. Maya Angelou you will be missed, but never forgotten. R.I.P.



No comments:

Post a Comment