Tuesday, December 3, 2013

How Will Drones Affect The Courier Business of Same Day Packages?




I was watching the news and they did a story on Amazon using Drones to deliver small same day packages. My husband made a joke that people would follow the drone to its destination and steal the package. I said someone is going to shoot it down, especially the pranksters with BB guns and guns. Let’s say your package gets intercepted by someone. Who’s responsible? Amazon is going to be paying out a lot of money. I don’t know how this is going to be safe. Amazon is not the only company experimenting with this technology. The three big delivery companies UPS, FEDX and DHL are as well. How will this technology affect same day courier companies? Especially those small courier companies that make their money on same day deliveries. They will go out of business and more people will be out of work. UPS, FEDX and DHL will lay off thousands of workers. The skies will be over ran with theses drones. I think this technology sound great but how are they going to make it safe? I guess we will have to wait and see.
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment