Saturday, October 10, 2015

How Do You Fill About The End of Life Option Act?



The “Right to Die Bill” is something in my opinion is long overdue. I have always felt that if I’m lying there suffering with a terminal illness, I have the right to end my own life. I watched my mother suffer and I know how hard it was on her as well as the family.

Governor Jerry Brown of California signed the End of Life Option Act. This Bill grants terminally ill patients the right to end their lives with a doctor's help. California Governor Brown said, "In the end, I was left to reflect on what I would want in the face of my own death." "I do not know what I would do if I were dying in prolonged and excruciating pain. I am certain, however, that it would be a comfort to be able to consider the options afforded by this bill." "And I wouldn't deny that right to others." My sentiments exactly, we as a people have more compassion for animals. We put them down when they are suffering. How come we can’t do that for human beings? If they are lying there suffering or they know it is no hope and they are going to get sicker. Like in the case of Brittany Maynard, she had to leave California and move to Oregon in order to get help to die on her own terms. There are only five states in the whole United States that have legalized physicians-suicide, Washington, Montana, Oregon, Vermont and now California. I know a lot of people are saying the End of Life Option Act is condoning suicide. I fell this is different, because what we call suicide is an act of someone that is depressed or hurt by someone or something and they fell they can’t go on and the intentionally take their life. This is something that will have supporters and non-supporters. It is what it is!
LM
http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_28924368/brown-signs-right-die-law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany_Maynard
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/11/02/brittany-maynard-/18390069/
https://rbncblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/california-becomes-the-fifth-state-to-take-the-bold-step/

No comments:

Post a Comment