Friday, June 19, 2015

2015 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors Done After 40 Years



 
Photo By TIMOTHY A. CLARY via Getty Images

In my blog on June 5, 2015 I said, “Are the Warriors hungry enough, to pull off a championship? I said yes, all they have to do is win their first 2 home games. Don’t let the Cavaliers win any games in Oracle and keep home court advantage.” Well, it didn’t go that way. The warriors won game 1 by 8 points, lost game 2 by 2 points and lost game 3 by 4 points. Everyone started doubting, that the Warriors could come back from being down 2 games to 1. I kept saying, that they barley won game 2 and 3. The Warriors tied the series in game 4 and won by 21. My husband said “the Warriors can beat the Cavaliers and are going to beat the Cavaliers 3 games straight and win the championship in Cleveland.” He was right. Game 5 was a 13 point win for the Warriors. After the Warriors beat the Cavaliers in game 5, the interview with LeBron James and his big-headed self said “I feel confident because I’m the best player in the world,” and “I know I’m shouldering a lot of the burden, but it is what it is.” I think he cursed himself and his team by being so arrogant. Ok, he may think he’s the best player in the world but he can’t do it by himself. Basketball is a team sport and you have to have a supporting cast in order to win. Just like Michael Jordan, he was the best player when he started but without a supporting cast and he didn’t win. I think Steph Curry is the best player in the world, because he has that supporting cast. In game 6 the Golden State Warriors out of Oakland California won by 8 points, winning the NBA title after 40 years. In my opinion Steve Kerr and his coaching staff are geniuses, for starting Andre Iguodala in the last 2 games. Everyone on the Warriors contributed to the team winning this NBA title and having a historic season. It is hard to go wire to wire and win a title. For all you hater’s that said a jump shooting team can never win a title. I’m just saying, #DUBSNO! Oakland California as well as the whole state of California and world were watching one of the best NBA finals in a long time. If you missed it, you missed some fantastic games. Congratulations 2015 Golden State Warriors NBA Champions!
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment