Friday, June 5, 2015

It took 40 years for the Golden State Warriors to get to the NBA Finals


If someone asked me six years ago, who is your favorite NBA team? I would have said “I don’t have one anymore since Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls.” About five years ago, my husband was watching a NBA game on TV. That was on October 28, 2009 the teams that were playing was Warriors and the Rockets. I remember that day because it was my second birthday, I mean the day two years prior that I received my kidney transplant. When my husband watches sports, he’s real vocal. All I heard from the other room was “OOO! That boy is bad! And honey you have to see this.” I walked into the room sat down started watching the game and was hooked. He was talking about Stephen Curry’s debut game into the NBA. He had been following Stephen Curry since he was in college and had said “if he goes into the NBA he is going to great”. Oh! Boy he is something special.

Well it’s on! Thursday June 4, 2015 at 6 p.m. the Golden State Warriors of Oakland California vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers. It has been 40 years since the Warriors have won a championship. Are the Warriors hungry enough, to pull off a championship? I say yes. All they have to do is win their first 2 home games. Don’t let the Cavaliers win any games in Oracle and keep home court advantage. The Warriors basketball team may be small in size compared to the Cavalier’s but they are big at heart. Their defense is fantastic and their bench is deep. O! Yea! We have those guys, I’m talking about the splash brothers Stephen and Klay. Don’t forget the other guys Draymond, Harrison and Andrew. The bench players can also pick up the slack when the starting 5 are not shooting well. This is going to be one of the best series in my opinion, since the Chicago Bulls first win in 1991. Oakland California and the whole state of California along with the world will be glued to their TV sets for the NBA finals. You don’t what to miss this, it’s going to be fantastic.

UPDATE 1st Game of the Finals:  Cavaliers 100 Warriors 108

LM


No comments:

Post a Comment