Sunday, February 17, 2013

Carnival Triumph the Cruise Ship from Hell





Taking a Cruise is a wonderful experience. I’ve taken three cruises and will continue to cruise for the rest of my life. That is not the case for the passengers of the cruise ship the Carnival Triumph. The Carnival Triumph left Galveston, Texas, on February 7, 2013 carrying 3,143 passengers and 1,086 crew and was due to return there on February 11, 2013. On February 10, 2013 there was a fire in the engine room causing the ship to have no power. The passengers on the ship went through 5 days of pure hell. There was a shortage of food and raw sewage in the cabins and in the hallways. Passengers were forced to sleep on deck to get away from the stench. It was two days before a tug boat reached the Carnival Triumph to pull the 893 foot ship to the port in Mobile, Alabama. The Triumph arrived on February 14, 2013, passengers were cheering on deck and from the balconies they were finally getting off the filthy ship from hell. I don’t know what it is about Carnival Cruise line. Just over a year ago the Costa Concordia which was part of Carnival Cruise line. Hit the rocks and sank killing 32 people. It seems to me that Carnival Cruise line does not know how to hire the right crew to operate their ships or that the ships are too old and need to be tired. Carnival Cruise line had the nerve to offer a full refund and $500.00 to every passenger. I don’t think so!
Everyone I have talked to on the cruises I have been on has nothing good to say about Carnival Cruise Line. One of the biggest complaints was the service sucked. I have only cruised Royal Caribbean and there sister ship Celebrity. I must say Royal Caribbean is my favorite by far. I’m a service driven person. I feel that if I’m spending all that money I want my service and experience spot on. For $100.00 more I’ll pay that for peace of mind. I just want to say don’t be afraid to cruise it is so fun. I think everyone should experience one time.
LM

No comments:

Post a Comment